Read the xCMS service terms and conditions of ussage, service offered by Hostico.
The administration of the applications provided on the service presentation page will be made in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Because the type of service is different from the standard hosting offered, invoicing and management will be done according to the service.
If it is possible, the access for managing the application will be restricted only to Hostico.
We recommend this practice in order to eliminate the possibility of incorrect configurations, installing/uninstalling/updating some extensions/problematic themes.
We will update the extension/theme/application shortly after an official update is available. In the case of an update that comes as an urgent security measure, this update can also take place during the day.
We will try not to interfere with/disrupt the functionality of the site by performing maintenance work in isolated environments, and subsequently to be copied in the production environment. We can not guarantee the total absence of unpleasant events.
Updates for extensions or themes purchased by the client and accessible only by the client will only be applied once the customer supplies the elements.
The application optimization or security process varies between 1-10 working days, starting with the time the application is transferred to our servers.
During this time, the client may be contacted to provide various information about the functionality/aspect of the application.
During the optimization or security process, it may be necessary to remove/replace extensions or themes.
This need will be communicated and the decision will be yours.
The optimization or securing process will be limited by keeping certain extensions/themes.
Depending on the running application and its needs, we may recommend that you purchase extensions and premium themes.
The costs of purchasing these extensions or themes will be supported by the customer.
Because of the many situations that can occur and which we can not foresee considering the multitude of themes or extensions used on each application, the support for their administration will be provided only via the ticketing system and only between 08:00 - 16:00 Monday-Friday with the exceptions of legal holidays.
We expect that the person looking for assistance to have basic knowledge about the application used and technology of the services offered. We reserve the right to limit the level of assistance offered in lack of such knowledge.
Assistance will be provided in the best effort system - it is impossible to know all available extensions/themes, incompatibilities, vulnerabilities, and situations that their installation can create.
Assistance with installing/uninstalling/configuring/updating extensions/themes is limited to 10 extensions or 2 themes per month.They do not cumulate the next month if they are not used.
Following the services listed on the page xCMS , we will respond to the following application management requests:
- extension/theme/application debugging
- application optimizations (loading time, caching, and so on)
- extensions/themes conflicts
We will not provide services for:
- optimization/SEO consulting
- theme/extension development
- integration of third-party applications (anything that has not been built for use on that platform)
If you have any questions about your request, you can contact us.
The service is available only for Hostico web hosting packages.
The acceptance of the sites in this service will be made only on the terms and conditions presented.
We reserve the right to reject any site on any grounds considered valid by us.
Administration will be limited to the services described on xCMS.
Adding/modifying/replacing text/products/images or any other content as well as validating/registering/approving users, orders, comments or any other service or type of service of this kind or similar is not part of this service.
The success of the optimization and security operations also depends on the level of customization brought to the application at the code or database level. In the case of highly personalized applications we reserve the right to consider the operations as development ones.
- The user understands that any installation/uninstall/update of extensions/themes, as well as some settings made to the application can affect the performance and safety of the application or the site. Under these circumstances, we do not assume responsibility for the situations that may occur. We recommend that before installing/removing/modifying/updating an extension/themes, to be contacted to analyze the side effects.
- We do not guarantee a certain PageSpeed score or a certain load time - the site will be optimized for the best possible version, taking into account the application and the extensions/themes installed or used respectively.
- We do not guarantee the optimization of the application for all available devices, sometimes the installed themes/extensions can affect the operation or display of the site on certain devices.
- We can not guarantee a successfully completed update. The success of an update depends on several factors including the level of customization of the application and the version of the application used.
- Updates between versions with major structural and functional differences of the same component (application, module, theme, etc.) will be subject to a separate cost and time analysis.The client will be notified regarding this aspect, the subsequent development of the process being conditioned by the respective acceptance and its confirmation.These types of updates include but are not limited to Magento (1 to 2) and Joomla (1.5 to 2.5, and 2.5 to 3, respectively) applications.
- What we can guarantee, however, is that if the update is not successful, we will restore the original version of the site.We always make backups before doing this.
- We cannot guarantee impenetrable security. There are probably unreported vulnerabilities that lead to the exploitation of applications / sites. We will implement both specific and general security measures. However, there will always be a possibility of compromising the application / site.
- Protection against certain DDoS attacks is done at the server / network level.
- In case of a compromise we can not guarantee the recovery of the site. Often attackers ruin the site irreversibly and the only solution is to rebuild the site. In these cases,all we can do is help you recover as much data as possible.
- If the customer insists on working with a certain extension/theme or version of them that we have presented as being problematic in terms of performance,security or functionality we will not take responsibility for the side effects caused by said extension or theme.
- Under no circumstances will we be held liable for any damages (including, but not limited to, data or profit loss, direct or indirect as a result of disruption of the site/application) as a result of the operations performed.
- We reserve the right to interrupt the offer of this service at any time of the collaboration, the return of the amounts of money in this situation being realized according to the terms presented in the Financial section of this document.
- We do not work with nulled extensions or themes.
- In case of performing administrative operations that directly or indirectly affect the measures taken to secure / optimize the site / application, operations performed by external Hostico persons, we reserve the right to ask for the repayment of the setup fee in order to re-perform all the security and performance analysis operations on th website / application.
- The security and performance of an application running in a shared environment is directly related to the security and resource consumption of the applications with which it coexists.In these cohabitation situations we do not assume responsibility for the security or performance of the application, the recommendation being to run the application in an isolated environment dedicated to it.
We do not offer services that require modification or writing of code lines regardless of this type - HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL. These services fall into development and will be charged if the implementation of the required solution is possible, or achievable by us.
The site interface is not our responsibility - if installing / uninstalling an extension ruins the layout of the site, or changing the theme leads to inappropriate operation, failure to display, or inappropriate display of elements, resolving these situations falls into the category of web development and will be charged according to it.
- The rates applicable to this service are displayed when you place an order for a Hostico hosting package.
- The installation fee is self-contained and does not include the cost of the first month`s subscription.
- Managed hosting services have an initial installation fee that includes all the xCMS services.
- After this installation fee, the subscription will be paid for a period equivalent to the chosen hosting package.
- If they exist, development services will be billed separately for each task.
- Reactivation of the management service as a result of a direct cancellation will be resubjected to the installation tax.
- The service is acquired with a hosting package, per domain and application.
- The service cannot be transferred to another domain or application unless it is just a matter of changing the domain name, the managed application maintaining its status.
- In the case of highly infected sites / applications, Hostico reserves the right to request an additional disinfection fee of up to 150.00$.
- Any re-subscription to this service as a result of its interruption due to the change of the hosting provider, the discontinuation of the use of the service or any other reason considered valid by Hostico will lead to the need to repay the setup fee.
This service does not fall within the 30-day money-back guarantee.
The initial setup fee along with the subscription of the first month will only be returned if the refund is requested before any operation has been run on the application/website.
Refunds will be made only for amounts paid in advance and only for the remaining month paid in advance.
Last Update : 08.12.2020